Surviving and Thriving In Times Of Crisis As A Small Business
How do you handle emergency situations when they come up at your Small Business? When (because it will) disaster strikes, how you respond and manage your team and your business can make the difference between success and failure.
In this Small Business Newsletter, we will discuss a topic that has become near and dear to the hearts of us all in the past year, planning to survive and even thrive during times of crisis.
In this newsletter, we’ll cover:
How To Plan And Prepare For Crisis (4 Tips):
- Diversify your product lines, supply chain, and business model. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
- Virtualize Your Communication: Have easy access to several communication paths with staff
- Maintain easy reliable access to cash
- Make Sure You Have Business Insurance
Resources For Small Businesses:
SBA Guide To Emergency Preparedness: https://www.sba.gov/business-guide/manage-your-business/prepare-emergencies
US Chamber Of Commerce Recovery Guide: https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/node/43168
SBA Disaster Loan Assitance: https://disasterloanassistance.sba.gov/ela/s/
Surviving And Thriving In Crisis
We are living in unprecedented times. Every Small Business is being or will be impacted by COVID. We recently discussed how to plan for and respond to disasters. Now, let’s discuss How to get your Small Business connected to any relief efforts that may be announced and how to talk to your customers about what you are doing during this crisis.
Here Are 4 Tips:
- Amplify Your Voice
- Join Local Chambers of Commerce
- US Chamber Of Commerce: https://www.uschamber.com
- NFIB COVID Resources: https://www.nfib.com/content/analysis/coronavirus/latest-on-coronavirus-from-nfib/
- National Federation Of Independent Business: https://www.nfib.com
2. Talk With Your Customers
- Jay Revell’s Guide To Always Starting With Empathy
- Reach Out/ Tell Your Audience What You’ve Been Doing
3. Manage Your Staff
- Be transparent but reassuring about the financial situation
- Protect your staff, and do what you can to keep them secure
4. Crisis Can Lead To Opportunity
- Survive Now, and You’ll Thrive Later
Have You Taken Our Podcast Listener Survey Yet?
We are always looking for new ways to improve the show, we’d really appreciate it if you took the time to fill out this survey for us!
You’ll have a chance at a $50 Amazon Gift Card Just For Filling It Out!
Get In Touch:
SHANNON JEAN https://www.linkedin.com/in/shannonjjean
DAVE HAMILTON https://www.linkedin.com/in/davehamilton/
Follow Us On Twitter: https://twitter.com/BusinessShowCo
Watch Our Latest Episode Here: https://www.businessshow.co/podcast-episodes/